Beau Nash, Tunbridge Wells

A little history...

Originally called the Royal Mount Ephraim, the pub was renamed in the early 20th century after Richard ‘Beau’ Nash, a leader of fashion in 18th century Britain, who appointed himself Master of Ceremonies in Tunbridge Wells

'Beau' retained control of the entertainment provided for visitors until his death in 1761 - and it was under his watch that Tunbridge Wells attained the height of its fame as a fashionable resort, attended by royalty and nobility.